We can visit your school or college to inform students about the work of Peter McVerry Trust and can provide plenty of ideas on how you can help support us. We have enjoyed support from schools around the country who have organised fundraising events such as a no uniform day, jumble sales, charity cycles and sponsored bag packs at local supermarkets.
Website for Second Level Schools and teachers
On World Homeless Day 2014, Peter McVerry Trust launched an educational resource website for second level students and teachers in Ireland. The website was a joint project between Peter McVerry Trust and staff from Houghton Mifflin Harcourt who volunteered their time, skills and expertise to help create the site.
Check out our dedicated education resource for students and teachers looking to learn more about homelessness in Ireland visit www.homelessnessinireland.ie for more.
CSPE – Civic, Social, Political, Education
- As part of the CSPE Action Project a speaker from PMVT will visit your school to talk about the work that Peter McVerry Trust does and the services we provide.
- We will also offer information in order for the class to get a better understanding of homelessness in Ireland and to help them with their project.
- We can arrange a visit to speak with TY students about topics such as homelessness within Ireland, the work of Peter McVerry Trust or drug awareness.
- Transition Year students can become involved in fundraising in your school in aid of Peter McVerry Trust whether it is a sponsored silence, a sleep out or whatever you decide!!
- Become part of our first ever Peter McVerry Trust Action Day this year on World Homeless Day, October 10th.
- Raise awareness among your school about the issues of homelessness.
5th or 6th Years
- We can arrange a visit to speak with 5th & 6th students in their religion classes or other and discuss topics such as homelessness within Ireland, the work of Peter McVerry Trust or drug awareness.
If you would like to learn more about how your school can help us or for information on recent initiatives by other schools then please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01 823 0776.